Thursday, 03 December 2009

Sponge eyeshadow applicator vs. eyeshadow brush?

Is there really a difference in how your eyeshadow goes on? Also how can you stop your eyeshadow from creasing? Sponge eyeshadow applicator vs. eyeshadow brush?
yes, u really need to get a brush!


the sponges pack on the color too much and u hav to keep replacing them. they also dont blend the color. they suck. they are only good if u only want to apply a single color to your eye.





Brushes are really good for blending, and last a long time. all u have to do is wash them.





U need an eyeshadow primer. it stops the creasing.


Try loreal's de-crease. its about $7 in drugstores.





a good one is also urban decay's primer potion. its $16 online at sephora.com, or urbandecay.comSponge eyeshadow applicator vs. eyeshadow brush?
BRUSH always xxx





sponges are poo, they don't last long, they don't hold the powder very well and it all ends up down your face. It's so much easier to blend your makeup with a brush, sponges aren't flexible enough. Also, you can't wash them as easily as brushes. Brushes win every time.





The way to stop your eyeshadow creasing is a problem with the product rather than the way you are putting it on. I'd recommend going for a powder rather than a cream if you are wearing the product over the crease of your eye. You can help the problem by using a base colour all over the lid before you apply the colour or by using a fixing spray or laquer. Also, it can help to build up the colour rather than throwing one thick layer on.
Always use a base shadow. Use white if your light complected, use tan if your darker and so forth. Me personally, I use a special brush by M.A.C that is shaped in the way I prefere to do my eyeshadow. I use the sponge for more of the lighter tones I put on, but the shaped brush I use for the outer crease shadow. It all depends on how people prefere their eyeshadow, so there is really no wrong answer.
To stop you're eyeshadow from creasing you need to use a primer (I suggest Urban Decay's Potion Primer,but if you're looking for something cheaper I think loreal has an eye primer).


I use a brush to apply my eye shadow so I can blend it and stuff like that,I think the eyeshadow brush wears out after a while and is harder to clean,thats why I use the brush.
it depends on the eyeshadow you wear if it powered brush if not sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hardware