Thursday, 24 June 2010

Eyeshadow shimmer?good cheap bases?

1 how can you tell if an eyeshadow is shimmery before you buy it


2 what is a really good base? how much does it cost?


3 how much can i expect to pay for shimmery eye shadow ??Eyeshadow shimmer?good cheap bases?
1. A shimmer eyeshadow will have shimmer particles in it. You can tell my simply looking at it (even if you don't open it.) Most eyeshadows are shimmery these days (with the exception of creams and mattes.) Nearly all drugstore kinds are shimmer. Matte shadow is solid color (no shimmer.) Trust me, you will be able to tell the difference between the 2. If you still aren't sure, ask someone else -whether it be a make-up artist, worker, or even another customer! 2 heads are better than one plus drugstores don't have make-up artists..





2. I use Too Faced ';Shadow Insurance'; as a shadow primer so that my eyeshadow stays all day long. This is $17 at Sephora stores. Urban Decay's ';Primer Potion'; and Too Faced's ';Shadow Insurance'; are very similar. I own both. I prefer Too Faced's primer because it comes in a squeeze tube, rather than a tube with a wand like Urban Decay's version. I also have dry, sensitive skin and Urban Decay Primer Potion makes my lids drier. The packaging on Primer Potion is also VERY inconvenient because you only get half of the product you pay for. The only way to get allll of the product is to cut the tube open, and that's a hassle. To me, Shadow Insurance works on everyone but Primer Potion is great for peope with oily lids because it ';dries'; out the lids. They are both the same price at $17 except Too Faced ';Shadow Insurance'; contains .01 oz more.product.





Now for a base.. A base is different from a primer. A primer helps to hold all the eye make-up throught the day. A base is the color you sweep over the entire lid for even more ';holding power.'; It's also like a ';bare canvas'; to layer your eye shadow on top of it. I use MAC's paint pot in Indianwood. This is $16.50 at MAC stores or counters. I put this on after applying eye shadow primer and before applying eye shadow.





3. For shimmery eye shadow, you can pay anything from $1 to $100! It depends where you go. If you want to go to the drugstore, I highly recommend Maybelline eye shadow. I recently bought all 4 of their new quads from their new ';Stylish Smokes'; collection. They are AMAZING. Maybelline recently changed the formula for their eye shadows and they are so much better now. Their quads are around $5 depending on where you go and are available at Walmart, Target, drugstores, etc.


If you are looking for ';higher end'; shadows, I recommend Lorac and Nars as they are my favorite brand. Lorac palettes (usually includes 4 shadows %26amp; 1 blush) are usually $35-36 and their singles are $18. They have some singles on sale on their site for $4.99 and palettes for $17.50 right now so grab them while you can. I HIGHLY recommend their Snake Charmer palette (on sale.) It contains shimmery, neutral colors and a peachy blush that can be used for every day make-up. Most are shimmer as I own most of them. Nars palettes will be around $50 or more and their singles are around $22 and duos are $32 so you definitely save more when you buy a palette.





MAC is good too. If you want to buy MAC shadows, I recommend purchasing a palette and eyeshadow refills instead of the singles because you will have all your shadows in one place AND refills are cheaper. However, each refill is $11 so just to fill a 15 pan palette, it will cost you over $150.





I recommend buying a quad or a palette rather than a bunch of shadow singles because it'll save you lots of money. Singles are also a hassle. Palettes are just more convenient because all the shadows are in one place.





Hope this helps =) Links for products I mentioned are below.Eyeshadow shimmer?good cheap bases?
1. Ask the person at that makeup counter. They should know.


2. I really like Urban Decay Primer Potion. I can't remember how much it was, but it was pretty cheap (under $20).


3. Eyeshadows usually start at $14 if you go to an okay place (like MAC).








Hope this helps!
http://store.bareescentuals.com/Tutorials%3a%20Foiled%20Eye/43164,default,pd.html?cgid=BE_SUB_COLLECTIONS%26amp;deleteUUID=





LOVE IT! It has all you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hardware